Thursday, February 3, 2011

Surgery...

Well, my little boy goes into surgery at 7:30 tomorrow morning. I can't sleep and find myself packing way too much for his hospital stay. So far, he has 2 books for me to read to him, a turtle nightlight that shines stars and the moon on the ceiling, some toys, 2 outfits, 2 pairs of jammies, his blanket, monkey, etc... All of this for just 24 hours:) I just want to make sure he has anything he wants to make him comfortable. This is one of the hardest things I think I've ever had to do. Please say a prayer that Dr. Bauer has steady hands tomorrow and that Evan comes out of his surgery with no problems. Also, please pray that Pat and I will find the strength to get through this! I want to be strong for Evan and not cry in front of him. I don't want him to get scared because mommy is so upset, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to hold it together when I have to let him go. I'm sure somewhere deep down inside of me I'll find the strength and be able to do it. That's what mommy's and daddy's do:) Well, I'm going to try to go to bed. Either Pat or I will try to update the blog with Evan's progress. Thanks everyone for all your love and support through this. 

2 comments:

  1. Sending prayers right this moment... Evan may already be in recovery getting snuggles from mom and dad. May God be with you in the healing process and throughout the expansion. May you be comforted by HIS great big hands and the love from all of us who have been there before. I've been there. You'll make it supermama :)

    Love, Beth
    Sully's mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I am just reading this comment......but, it brings tears to my eyes....I'm so glad the worst part is over....and we made it!!!....I love you, always! <3

    ReplyDelete